Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Best Two Years

That time of year has come, and know I didn't forget about it like the old cliche says about bad husbands. Maybe not bad, just forgetful... Anyways, it seems like it was not very long ago that we were celebrating our wedding day. Today is our 2 year anniversary, and it's hard to find where the time has gone. Needless to say, we have had a lot of really great experiences together, and have been influenced by so many great examples in our families.
So here's a funny story : Kelly hates surprises. HATES them! She just cannot stand the thought of not knowing what I got for her for our anniversary. She was home from work at around 4:30, and decided to take a little nap before I got home. I got home at about 6:30, and the first thing that I hear when I open the door is "Honey, is that you?" "Yes," I said. She followed up with "Where's my preasant!?" I laughed, because it reminded me of a little girl before Christmas not being able to take the suspense of waiting for the next day. After some interrogation and guessing, she finally got what she wanted and opened her preasant a day early (She got 2 new pairs of boots, and I got an awesome new winter coat). How I let her talk me into it I just don't know.... Maybe it's those big baby blues =)

3 comments:

sarah said...

thanks for the update... told tyler to update while we were up this last weekend it was good to see you both!!

Ryan said...

Stef is the same way - loves to be surprised but can't wait long enough to actually be surprised. She HAS to know what she is getting. She'll be the first to admit that she even searched my bedroom before we were married for an engagement ring.

Heidi said...

WE HEARD THE NEWS. CONGRATS!